Skip to content
- Inverted nipple
- Congenital absent nipple
- No nipple after mastectomy or breast reconstruction
- Release of inverted nipple and reconstruction of base with glandular bi-pedicled flaps.
- Creation of new nipple tubercle using patients own skin under local anaesthetic
- Once healed and stable the areola (pink/brown area) is tattooed on by the breast care nurses.
- Don’t disturb dressings until seen in dressing clinic
- Keep dressings dry
- Wear mould around new nipple for 3 weeks to prevent flattening
- Do not wear tight fitting bra for 3 weeks
- Simple over the counter analgesia like paracetamol and or nurofen for a few days